Perhaps one of the most overlooked elements in football, the pitch is also one of the most important as a game would be impossible without it. So what does it take to create a suitable pitch for professional play? What are the dimensions of a soccer field?
The experts at Reviews.tn offer you all the answers on the dimensions of the football fields, official regulations and dimensions imposed by FIFA.
- Football or soccer is the most popular sport in the world
- During the 2010 FIFA World Cup, more than 3,2 billion people watched the matches on television
- Many world-class stadiums have been built to accommodate large numbers of spectators who flock to watch football matches
Dimensions of football fields
The International Football Association Board (IFAB), the governing body that writes the rules of football, stipulates that a pitch should be rectangular and marked with solid lines. A normal-sized lot can be 50 to 100 meters wide and 100 to 130 meters long:
- The playing field must measure 125m x 85m (136 x 93 yards), or a minimum of 120m x 80m (131 x 87 yards) and there must be a minimum of 1,5m of ground beyond the marked playing area. The same dimensions apply to pitches used in UEFA continental competitions.
- For the Bundesliga, article 37, section 6 of appendix VI of the statutes of the LDF stipulates that a course must be 105 meters (115 yards) long and 68 meters (74 yards) wide.
- However, it is possible to ensure that these dimensions are not less than 100 m (110 yards) and 64 m (70 yards) respectively.
- Measurements are taken on the outside of each line, which should not exceed 12cm in width and which ideally matches the width of the goal post.
- Goals shall be eight meters in width measured between the inside of the two posts and eight feet from the ground to the lower edge of the crossbar.
- The posts and bar should not exceed five inches.
The official size of the adult soccer field can vary from 50 to 100 meters wide by 100 to 130 meters long. However, the regulations allow the size of football pitches to be reduced for women, disabled players and players under 16 and over 35.
Are all football fields the same size?
Here is a very interesting feature of the game. Not only do soccer fields not have to be the same size, but in fact, they can scare each other because the rules set widths and lengths. minimum and maximum rather than specific measures to be observed.
- There is different size fork depending on the age group in which the land is used
- A lot may have a minimum width of 50 yards, or 45 meters, and a maximum width of 100 yards, or 90 meters
- Children under 8, for example, can play on a court of 27,45 meters to 45,75 meters long and 18,30 meters to 27,45 meters wide.
- While there is no exact specification of the dimensions that pitches must adhere to, there is a suggested pitch size that clubs can work with.
- The most important factor is the style of football the team enjoys playing, the dimensions of the pitch helping or hindering this fact.
To read : Which countries start with the letter W?
What is the mini-stadium?
- The mini-stadium or multisports ground provides a fenced area for playing ball games, with two standardized goals in 3,00 x 2,00 m and two basketball hoops above.
- The multisports ground will be used for playing football, on a site which does not allow the installation of a large sports complex.
- On an asphalt floor, concrete pads or a footing must be made in order to be able to lay the structure.
- In the event of a modification of the premises, it is then necessary to cut off the sealed structure, and to buy another stadium which is not consistent with a sustainable development policy.
- The steel is resistant but subject to corrosion, and the coloring techniques are not always satisfactory over time because a stadium is subjected to many attacks: acidity of the concrete, impacts of the balloons, acidity of the hands, graffiti, scratches, etc. UV and sun, pollution.
- When several different materials are used to make a stadium, it is necessary to make mechanical connections by bolting.
- These fasteners require frequent monitoring, which allows manufacturers or distributors to place equipment maintenance contracts, to overcome the unreliability of the equipment.
- Sometimes a dab of putty.These devices are generally guaranteed for 5 or 10 years.How to change a vibration damper on a multisport field?
- However, it is necessary to ensure that users have appropriate behavior, to maximize the life of the coating.
- Covered with synthetic grass: Very fashionable since the 2000s, and sold for "ecological" reasons, this plastic covering is weighted with sand.
- For basketball, the rebound will logically be less good than on asphalt or concrete.The grass requires maintenance: it must be brushed, decompressed and sometimes treated at least each year.It is an aesthetic but restrictive support in terms of maintenance.