✔️ How to fix Avast Update Helper error 1638 in 2022
– Reviews News
- It is important to constantly update a computer's anti-virus software because computers are regularly threatened by new viruses.
- The main reason why Avast does not update virus definitions is incompatibility issues.
- If you have encountered Avast Update Helper error 1316, 1638 or 1603 on your Windows 11/10 PC, you can try our recommended solutions.
ESET Antivirus comes with all the security tools you might need to protect your data and privacy, including:
Some Windows 10/11 users who have used Avast Antivirus claim to have seen something unusual when reviewing their Event Viewer or Reliability Monitor logs. You see regular Avast Update Helper errors 1316, 1638 or 1603 (every hour or so).
Although the problem does not manifest itself outside of Event Viewer, it does not have any negative effect on the PC either. However, some affected users fear that due to this issue, they are leaving their system open to security issues.
If you have encountered Avast Update Helper error 1316, 1638 or 1603 on your Windows 11/10 PC, you can try our recommended solutions. Follow the order presented below and see if it helps to fix the problem on your system.
Why is Avast not updating?
The main reason why Avast does not update virus definitions is incompatibility issues. Your version of Avast may not be compatible with the version of Windows installed on your system.
This can be a problem if you don't regularly update your Windows and other software. You may also encounter this error if you installed Avast incorrectly. This can happen if an update failed or was canceled during installation.
How often should Avast antivirus be updated?
It is important to constantly update a computer's anti-virus software because computers are regularly threatened by new viruses. Antivirus updates contain the latest files needed to fight new viruses and protect your computer.
Your security software should be configured to check for updates at least once a day. This will already be the default setting for most security software today, although it's worth looking at your program's settings to make sure this is the case.
How can I fix Avast error 1638 on my PC?
1. Update Avast to the latest version
- Right-click on the Avast icon in your computer's notification bar.
- Click Update profile and select Programme.
- If it does not update automatically, click Check for updates.
- Wait for Avast to update.
- If prompted, tap To restart now to complete the update process.
By clicking on Restart now The button will restart your computer. And restart your device with the Avast Antivirus app.
2. Repair Avast
- Right click on Windows beginning button and select Applications and features.
- Click on your Avast Antivirus version and touch désinstaller.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Yes.
- Once the Avast setup wizard appears, select Repairs.
- To touch Yes to confirm the action.
- Click Fact.
- If prompted, click To restart the computer.
Due to partially corrupt Avast application installation, Avast Update Assistant errors may be triggered. In this case, to make the errors go away, you can repair Avast using the application's built-in feature.
3. Disable or uninstall Avast Secure Browser
- Press windows + me to open the Settings application
- Click on the Applications from the Settings app.
- To locate avastclick on it and select Uninstall.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall.
After uninstalling, go to the official Avast website and download the latest Avast antivirus. Then install the software.
That's all for us in this guide. Let us know in the comments below which of the solutions above works best for you.
SOURCE: Reviews News
Don't forget to share our article on social networks to give us a solid boost. 🤟